Smile Makeovers and Full Mouth Restoration in Oregon City, OR
Ready to correct and restore your smile? At Beavercreek Dental, we can perform a full mouth reconstruction to restore both the function and aesthetic appearance of your smile! Your smile makeover starts right here, at our Oregon City dental office.
What Is a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Smile makeovers and full-mouth reconstruction each involve a selection of customizable dental procedures, designed to rebuild and restore the teeth. They can involve a combination of restorative dentistry, periodontics, orthodontics, endodontics, and oral surgery.
Our patients often request a full mouth reconstruction for the following conditions:
- You have lost teeth as a result of decay or oral trauma.
- You have teeth that are decayed, injured or fractured.
- You have teeth that have suffered extreme wear (acid erosion or bruxism).
- Your teeth or jaw are misaligned, causing you to have serious jaw and temporomandibular joint pain.
Before you undergo a full mouth reconstruction, our team will first conduct a comprehensive oral exam. Dr. Kim and his team will check all areas of your mouth to determine which treatment(s) are best suited for your needs. We will take x-ray images, impressions, and photographs to assess the following:
- The condition of your teeth. We will take note of any decay, cracks, tooth wear and infections. This helps to determine the best restorative procedures to use.
- The condition of your gums. We check your gums for signs of gum disease, including pocket depth, gum recession, excessive gum tissues, and the appearance of "gummy" smiles. We determine the extent and which periodontal procedures will provide the best benefits.
- The health and stability of your jawbone.
- The alignment of your teeth and jaw. Once our evaluation is complete, we will develop a treatment plan that outlines all of the necessary procedures, and in what order they should be completed.
What Procedures Are Commonly Performed?
Your full mouth reconstruction will be unique to you. Most full mouth reconstructions or smile makeover procedures will be completed over the course of several visits. In some cases, it may take up to a year or more to achieve the desired results.
Procedures commonly performed for full mouth reconstruction include:
- Scaling and root planing
- Porcelain veneers or ceramic crowns
- Tooth colored fillings (composite resin fillings)
- Gum recontouring (to restore a more even gum line)
- Crown lengthening, which removes excess gum tissue that makes your teeth appear small (and can hamper the placement of certain restorations)
- Root canal therapy
- Soft tissue or bone grafts
- Dental implants
- Braces and orthodontics
- ...and more!